‘I was really scared of my own voice’: Sivakarthikeyan

K’town has many multi-talented actors, Sivakarthikeyan having joined their league by crooning in his upcoming film, Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam. The stand-up comedian from yesteryear, who debuted with Marina, has sung a folk song for music director D. Imman.
The composer wrote in his microblogging site, “Very happy to introduce thambi Sivakarthikeyan as a singer for a racy folk song in Varuthapadatha Vaalibar Sangam.”  The Ethir Neechal star who was singing for the first time in this film, says, “Even during my school days, I haven’t tried singing. I used to be scared of my own voice,” he jokes.
Then how did he end up singing for Imman? “I refused at first, but Imman insisted that we try. He assured me that if it didn’t shape up well, then he would remove it. So I sang with eminent folk singer, Anthony Dasan, well known for the song, Kaasu Panam Thuttu,” he says. In spite of being extremely reluctant, Siva reckons that he was able to give his best owing to Imman’s encouragement.
The lyrics are written by Yugabharathi. “It’s quite a peppy song,” adds Siva, “it explains about our sangam and the quirky things that we do. Here are a couple of lines from the song, Naanga sema vaalu, seiyum settaikku kidaiyaathu ruleu.” 

Popular Posts

 
Powered by Blogger.